BA BE NATIONAL PARK
Means of transport:
Leave the hotel around 8 a.m. and head to Ba Be Lake - located 260km from the capital. At 145m above sea level, Ba Be Lake is the largest natural freshwater lake in Vietnam, with a length of more than 8km, and a water surface area of about 500ha. In fact, Ba Be is formed from three connected lakes named Pe Leng, Pe Lu and Pe Lam. This is also the origin of the name "Ba Be" which means three lakes.
The trip to Ba Be takes around 5 hours. Some stopovers on the way are planned to visit Thai Nguyen, a local market and a village of the Tay minority. We arrive in Bac Kan around noon and have lunch at a local restaurant. Once we reach Ba Be Lake, there will be time to visit the peaceful neighbouring villages of the Tay, Hmong and Dzao ethnic groups and explore further the typical cultural features of the local people. It will be a memorable time if you join in and help our host prepare dinner of delicious local dishes. Overnight at a homestay in Pac Ngoi village.
We will spend the day hiking deep into Ba Be National Park to discover its rich flora and fauna. A traditional boat will take you to Coc Toc where we start the walk towards the villages of Khau Quan and Na Ban where the Hmong, Dao and Tay live. On the way, we will pass through diverse terrain, between forests and rice fields. The hike will end at Dau Dang waterfall. Picnic lunch outdoors or eat at a local restaurant. We take a second sampan ride to return to Pac Ngoi village. Dinner and overnight at the local homestay.
The day starts with breakfast prepared by the homestay owner. Before returning to Hanoi by van you will have a chance to explore Pac Ngoi village at your own pace. Several stops are planned along the journey to meet the local population. We stop at Thai Nguyen and visit the tea and sugar cane plantations. An opportunity to taste local fruits (bananas, pineapples, jackfruit, papayas, etc.) and sticky rice cooked in bamboo sold by the roadside. Arrival in Hanoi by late afternoon.
This is the perfect place for any keen adventurer. Here you can trek through the thick jungle, explore mystical caves, kayak down the rivers, and swim in the lakes. The amazingly varied terrain will keep you motivated and ignite your excitement of exploration. The national park was only established in 1992, which makes you feel like exploring uncharted areas. Many caves, which have only been discovered recently, provide new information about the geography and biodiversity of the area.
• Discovery of the rich flora and fauna of the national park
• Trekking in superb and pristine nature
• Meeting with local ethnic groups
• Visiting Hua Ma cave
• Taking a boat trip on Ba Be lake - a ASEAN Heritage
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Accommodation with breakfast on a Double/Twin Basis in Homestay listed or similar
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program
- Experienced English speaking tour guides except on free days (for other language guides supplements will be applied)
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles with driver
- Bottled water during the tour day
OUR SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Domestic & International flights
- Drinks and meals other than those mentioned
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, boat crews, wait staff... We recommend you allow USD$3-6 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture.
- Personal expenses of any nature like, laundry, telephone calls, shopping, incidentals at hotels etc.
- Visa Stamping Fee for Vietnam
- Travel Insurance
- Peak season or Public holiday surcharges if any
- Any tours, services, transfers, or event tickets not mentioned in the package inclusions.
OUR RELATED TOURS
Vietnam - 13 days
Destinations : Hanoi - Halong Bay- Hue - Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City - Phu Quoc Island
Vietnam - 10 days
A LITTLE VIETNAM
Destinations : Hanoi – Halong Bay – Da Nang - Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta
Vietnam - 12 days
Destinations : Ha Noi - Mai Chau - Ninh Binh – Halong Bay - Hue - Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City - Can Tho – Mekong delta
Vietnam - 12 days
Destinations : Hanoi - Ninh Binh – Halong Bay - Hue – Ho Chi Minh City - Can Tho - Chau Doc
Vietnam - 14 days
PANORAMA OF VIETNAM
Destinations : Hanoi - Ninh Binh - Halong Bay - Hue - Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City - Can Tho - Chau Doc
Vietnam - 13 days
Destinations : Hanoi - Nghia Lo - Mu Cang Chai - Sa Pa - Bac Ha – Halong Bay - Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City - Ben Tre