Today is dedicated to the most important sites in Luang Prabang. We venture into Wat Visoun, the oldest temple in Luang Prabang founded in 1512. The temple has a nice selection of centuries-old Buddha statues in bronze and many religious objects. Then we continue on to Wat Aham, a temple from the early 19th century. Two guardians, laid at the foot of the staircase, represent two characters from the Ramayana (Hanuman, the monkey god and the ferocious Yaksa). Our next destination is Wat Xiengthong, the most important temple in the city built between 1559 and 1560. It is one of the most important monasteries and remains an important relic to the spirit of religion, royalty, and traditional art. In the afternoon, we climb up the 328 steps of Mount Phousi leading to the sacred hilltop. This shady Mount dominates the sky of Luang Prabang and offers a splendid panorama of the surrounding villages and the Mekong River. As the day ends, you will no doubt enjoy wandering through the night market, where you can find a beautiful collection of textiles handcrafted by local tribes.
Overnight at the hotel.
In the morning, we get on board a narrow, fast local boat, for a cruise on the Mekong River to Pak Ou. Many surprises await you on this journey: lush landscapes, quintessential villages, and authentic local life. Pak Ou sanctuary consists of two large caves in the limestone cliff overlooking the Mekong river. The caves are crammed with a myriad of Buddha images, ranging from a few centimeters to two meters in height. Typical Laotian villages in the area are barely visible behind the thick green foliage. You will pass by slender canoes paddling near the shore, floats and bamboo poles marking the location of nets and fish traps. We will visit Ban Muang Keo, a village famous for its tradition of distilling Laotian rice whisky, known as Lao-lao. A short drive along the Mekong will bring you south to the Kuang Si Waterfalls, located in a protected national park. These famous low falls offer a spectacular sight in their verdant setting. You will have enough time on site to relax and take a dip in the cool water, before returning to Luang Prabang by late afternoon. Night at the hotel.
After breakfast, transfer to the elephant village, where you will enjoy a pleasant elephant trek experience. Then a boat trip will take you to Tad Se waterfall before returning to the village. This waterfall is particularly spectacular in the rainy season, feel free to go for a swim. Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant, before getting back to Luang Prabang in the afternoon and enjoy some free time. End of our services.
This 3-day tour in Luang Prabang is designed to highlight two of Laos. You also will visit UNESCO World Heritage Site of Luang Prabang and the beautiful Kuang Si Waterfall. This breathtaking and inspiring journey is sure to astound you at every turn.
• The colonial houses of Luang Prabang
• Ancient monuments of Laos
• Tropical forest north of Laos
• Cruise on the Mekong
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Accommodation with breakfast on a Double/Twin Basis in Hotels listed or similar
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program
- Experienced English speaking tour guides except on free days (for other language guides supplements will be applied)
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles with driver
- Bottled water during the tour day
OUR SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Rates and Hotels are subject to availability
- Domestic & International flights when not mentioned
- Drinks and meals other than those mentioned
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, boat crews, wait staff... We recommend you allow USD$3-6 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture.
- Personal expenses of any nature like, laundry, telephone calls, shopping, incidentals at hotels etc.
- Visa Stamping Fee for Laos
- Travel Insurance
- Peak season or Public holiday surcharges if any
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
OUR RELATED TOURS
MULTI-COUNTRY - 16 days
Destinations : Ha Noi - Ninh Binh – Ha Long Bay - Luang Prabang - Champasak - Siphadone - StungTreng – Kampong Thom - Siem Reap
MULTI-COUNTRY - 14 days
Destinations : Hanoi - Halong Bay - Sapa - Dien Bien Phu - Muong Khua - Muang Ngoi - Luang Prabang
MULTI-COUNTRY - 13 days
Destinations : Hanoi - Mai Chau - Pu Luong - Ninh Binh - Lan Ha Bay - Luang Prabang - Pakse - Siphadone
MULTI-COUNTRY - 10 days
Destinations : Phnompenh - Siem Reap - Luang Prabang
Laos - 8 days
Destinations : Luang Prabang - Pak Ou - Kuang Si - Si Pha Done - Pakse
MULTI-COUNTRY - 12 days
Destinations : Siem Reap - Roulos - Kampong Kleang Floating Village - Beng Mealea - Phnom Kulen - Vientiane - Vang Vieng - Luang Prabang